This is my personal blog!! I will blog on all sorts of things/places/people & etc. Hope you enjoy, feel free to share & if ever anyone has a suggestion please, FEEL FREE to SHARE them w/me! I am very open minded and a HUGE people person, I will talk to a cashier & then invite her/him out to dinner, lol! I just love to converse/debate/& just plain TALK! Which is probably why I LOVE to write.☻I am always open to them! Thanks again♥ & Blessed be!
The domain name is found after the http:// and www. to the first forward slash /. For example in the URL www.novemberlearning.com, novemberlearning.com is the domain name.
·A domain name can provide quality of information of a site or
2. What is the extension in the domain name?
Extensions are to show the type of establishment
.edu Educational organization (most US universities)
.k12 US school site (not all US schools use this)
.ac Academic institution (outside of US)
.sch School site (some schools outside of the US use this)
.com Company (usually .co in the UK)
.org Any organization
.gov Government agency
.mil Military institution
New extensions to look for are .biz, .name, .pro, .info. All are used for commercial purposes.
·Extensions can include country codes
·Some extensions provide reliable information than others.
·Reliable are .edu, .gov, .k12. watch out for are .com, .org, .net.
3. Are you on a personal page?
·You may not recognize the domain name.
·If you are on personal page information may not be trustworthy.
·personal pages created by an individual, sometimes the pages offer highly biased opinions.
·URL such as jdoe and a tilde ~ or % or the word users or people or members frequently means you are on a personal web site.
·if a site has the extension, .edu, you need to look out for personal pages.
& now Website Validity...
How to know if a website is valid or not.
1. Check to see if the website has been updated or not. Information can be changed over the years so it’s best to see if the information given to you is recent. Don’t just check in one web page for the information there are other information on the internet.
2. Check who the author is and research on that person. It can easily be written by someone who wrote it by being bias.
3. Make sure it’s not a bias page. This can lead you to think that the information is correct.
4. The design of the page. Some design of the page allows you to think that it is valid. Colours and layout is very important because sometimes, you would not know if the writer itself is someone younger than the person searching the information.
5. The content. The information may be accurate but it might be written from there head and not from experience or research. So be careful of what they have written down.
6. Search on other search engines about it and check to see if they have other sources of websites.
7. Cut the URL shorter to direct you to the homepage of the site.
8. Websites with .com, .org, .net, and .gov can possibly sites that are not valid information. .edu is valid because it’s either written by a school or a university. Some websites can be a blog which is written by a person or a group of people giving out information.
9. If you roam around the pages of the website you can tell if it’s valid or not because sometimes they give out links that can lead you to another website which does not involve with what you’re doing.
Some sources that can help you verify if the website is valid or not.
“Evaluating+Website+Validity+Assignment.pdf (application/pdf Object).”
“HippoCampus Blog: How To Check The Validity Of A Website.”
“How to Choose Valid Websites | eHow.com.”
“Internet Website Validity.”
“The W3C Markup Validation Service.”
Bullying is one of the ways to torment your victim. There are also cyber predators online which can pretend to be your friend. In the 21st century, bullying has changed into cyber bullying this is where they bully their victims by posting rumors about them online and they can easily be affected to what the others are saying. Cyber bullying has adapted into the technological society that we live in. Cyber bullying is the new way to bully others and it’s caused deaths around the world because of unwanted messages posted about them.
Cyber predators are the type to pretend to be your friend but in reality they want to know your secrets and spread it out to the people you know. This can affect how a person thinks because they’re trusting someone they don’t know. Cyber predators are one of the “spies” for cyber bullies to gain information about that person. Or they can always be another person who pretends to be someone they’re not. They also want to find out your information and use it for their own good.
Cyber bullying is the new form of bullying. The main targets of bullies are those that they don’t like. They discriminate by how they wear clothes or how they act towards students in their school. Rumors can easily be spread throughout the internet society by posting something into their blog. Or easily send emails that can be received by anyone of that persons contact. Cyber bully doesn’t have to be by online they can also be sent by text messages which can easily spread because whoever is next that person and receives can read it as well. It can affect the victim and it’ll make that person frightened of what might happen to him/her. Cyber bullying is a form of way that can affect that person easily, and that person might get a lower grade in school or worst if it is really bad they might end up killing themselves because of something that is being spread about them. Many of those that are affected can and will create bad choices to stop the pain which is caused by the bully.
Ever since our technology has developed so has the ways of how children act. They are smarter than their parents when they were children. As our technology improves so does the way of bullying they become harsher and more violent than ever. Cyber bullying is the main way to bully someone in our society today. They don’t have to see the victim they can easily be behind a computer and start spreading rumors about that person. Since technology has improved that means the way we communicate to each other has improved as well. Blogging, emailing or messengers are a fast way to send messages through the people we want to send it to. Cyber bullying should be stopped because it is causing unnecessary deaths throughout our world. We can easily be informed of what the victim is actually trying to say. Gossips can be spread around very easily but it doesn’t mean that it’s entirely true. Cyber bullying can cause ADD which is attention deficit disorder, which will cause problems with the person while she/he is growing up because they won’t be able to think for themselves.
Cyber bullying can be a threat to any victim. Cyber predators can gain information from that person and abuse it. It’s a new form of bullying which can affect the person and can easily harm themselves. Our technology is developing and so is our bullying, rumors can be spread throughout one society to another by using email. Cyber bullying is one of the common ways to bully someone while hiding their identity.
The Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Child Predator Unit is empowered to investigate any case in which a minor (under the age of 18 years) is the victim of a sexual solicitation from an adult via the Internet. This adult can reside inside or outside of Pennsylvania.