Saturday, January 15, 2011

Thanks to Social Networking your address, photos, phone #'s, & etc. are all available on this NEW SITE! Protect your online privacy by removing your information, STAT!

So this morning I am up super early and I get a Facebook status like this....


There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB, your home address, credit score, home value, income, age, etc. REMOVE yourself by searching your name, copy the URL of your page, go to the bottom right corner of the page and click on the Privacy button to remove yourself. Copy & repost so your friends are aware.  

So at first I think okay,  just another stupid copy and paste this status and was going to ignore it. Then I thought back on the days when Google map VERY first started and I remember a massive email going out telling you to search yourself and literally everyone and anyone in the phone book or anywhere came up w/a map right to your house, satellite pictures and all. Remember that folks?!? *LOL* I do, so I hurry and copy the link! I do NOT post it right into my browser! I actually put it into the Google search bar because I wanted to see if the search pulled up a safe web site as well as did I want to check out the web description and address info/IP and all that good stuff that comes up in a search and w/a little right click , enter onto properties I can see if it's safe enough for me to visit & sure enough it WAS. 

So I get to this site and still a little skeptical I type my name in, my married name because see normally this one NEVER comes up! Guess what, BAM VERY FIRST name on the list, lol! So then I go and I search my maiden name and BAM 3 different addresses for the 3 places I owned and lived at the longest in my past 16 years of living in the state of Pennsylvania. Crazy, huh! I checked the state I grew up in and thankfully nothing came up! But as soon as I saw this status and the fact that it is ALL true, with having Twitter these days things like your address and FULL information details really, including any and all pictures that you've ever uploaded to facebook & I'm sure myspace and twitter too a this point! I didn't look to deeply into it after checking to see if it was a valid & safe site to visit! I just flipped and took myself then my loved ones off! Then of course I then run right to my blog to hit NEW POST & let everyone know this craziness of their privacy being invaded. So please hurry and tell/warn everyone and anyone you know of this! You can even copy and paste the quotations above of the FB Status and post that one directly on your page.

So please after seeing this I just had to do a very quick blog about it! I wanted to get this out to all of my friends and hell even people I don't like or even the people I don't know should know this too because, this really is not okay! And with the way social networking is, Wow! Ive seen some people act really nutty, for instance a show that is on a certain Network I won't name BUT, a friend of mine is on the show well this "Camera Dude" literally made a FAKE name/Facebook profile and would visit the  Shows fan page daily and harass this poor actress, O' wait, I'm sorry Reality star, lololol- anywho yes so he would obviously have inside info on her and also would make very detailed threats to her! He also was always throwing things in her face that only someone on set or behind the scenes would know. You would see in her responses that she too was clearly disturbed by how much he knew because when you know someone and see them daily you can tell, she had that GUT feeling he really did know her & left it alone more (not knowing who he was then -he could have been real nuts, like Manson nuts!) Well, I turned his info into my buddy who works for (and pretty much runs the damn place) an internet provider company and he pulled up the IP addresse that I gave him and found the NAME connected to the "Fake VERY Aggressive & Stalking" & it/HE HAD to be stopped. I told him I KNEW who he was the day I found out, I called him RIGHT out on it! I tried to do it in PRIVATE BUT, he was stupid and tried our fight to the public (like he did everything) & all on the wall of that fan page (as if I'm on the show?! LOL) then at that point I had to just blast him! He is sick,needs help & is lucky no charges have been pressed, as of yet!

He seriously reminded me of a certain stalker I had which is why I was even more prone to help her get to the bottom of it. Also imagine how scary it was finding out he WORKS on the set of her show and FILMS her daily, THINK he got to keep his job? 

HA, Ya get what ya give people. You really do.People think Karma is just a little cute quote people wanna use, or a saying vindictive bitches want to use towards you when they know you see right thru them, HA! (Had to throw that in there, #Yaknow..Lmfao) ....but anywho really let's get BACK to the point of this blog.

I think this information is extremley important for people to know. I do NOT believe web sites should do this. If I never joined your damn site what gives you the right to take my info from another, especially when I have 3rd party connects through Facebook closed and always have. Does not make any sense at all. So please pass this around or just tell your loved ones, friends , co-workers anyone you feel you must. I would especially share it with people who use social networking especially a facebook and twitter, heck even myspace!  Ive seen allot of fuckery go on, on these web sites. Ive seen allot of people do things to other people to the point that it basically ruins your/their lives. Because if I blog all over about you, your personal name w/lies no matter what I say employers will google you they WILL and ALWAYS find it and it WILL hinder your opportunities not just w/work but MANY w/many things. Say you have children, so now your kid's teachers and fellow students parents may see it, neighbors, co-workers and lawd forbid you live in a small town. EVERYONE there will know it is you, lol! So please PROTECT YOURSELF! Make sure your name is not on here. The Google map site also Anywho.com, Whitepages.com and he YellowPages.com! All those sites should NOT be listing your profiles/pictures/ALL your addresses/All old and prior phone numbers too!!!! You and many others MIGHT NOT realize this but w/all that info I just listed there someone could basically just steal your identity at that point! Especially if THAT is what they set out to do to MANY people on the internet which happens daily, which is why you should ALWAYS make sure a web page is Safe and Valid before loading it! So please let everyone you know, family, friends, co-workers,and even your neighbors! Because this and the OTHER sites that do this are NOT OKAY and the faster we spread this and get attention to it the faster Google will fix it and lock it down a bit more as they did their google map site, because this is and appears to be connected with no other then GOOGLE MAP, *SMH*! 


So below I'll list a couple other sites to help you stay safe online and please don't take this information for granted. Once you've become a victim of cyber stalking/harassment you'll never use the internet the same after and these people are SICK and need to be stopped so make sure you always save ALL information on them constantly log and constantly LOG those IP addresses that's what is gonna save ya, and TRACK your stalker. Without that they will never find em', with it!!! They can find em' in a heartbeat. So good luck & get your INFO OFF this (& those other) sites!! 


Basic Internet Safety for Kids!


STAY SAFE ONLINE!!!!


McGruff.Org explains how to stay safe on the Internet!


30 Ways to STAY safe online!

Do you have a Cyber Bully/Stalker?!? Click here if so!! CyberBully.Org 




 




5 Steps to Internet Safety -

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Google Earth/Google Map started in 2008-09, a time when I was becoming very conscious of my own Internet safety after some years offline.

    Yes, the people who know you are probably the ones hurting you the most. And also there are these official-looking websites.

    So important to be web savvy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the people who know you are probably the ones hurting you the most.

    Trust me I know. But, they aren't hurting me anymore because they ARE NOT in my life anymore and won't be. ☻ I removed my names and knew about all the other sites ages ago but this one is BRAND new & of course I knew immediately and told people I CARE about to watch their back so NO ONE THAT THEY "USED" to care about ever does what I HAD to be a victim of. Internet STALKING and BULLYING to the EXTREME!

    I seriously had to deal w/the most extreme of sociopaths kind of person,ever! Ya live and ya learn ya know!☻ I now know they signs and symptoms to be aware of. I also keep to myself and close friends & family. My children business and husband truly run my life, they are my world anything outside of it that I don't invite in, doesn't come in! ☻

    AND it is VERY VERY important to be Web Savvy which was the whole REASON for this post. I had to warn people to remove their phone numbers and addresses, each and every loved one I searched were on it! So IT had to be done. ☻ Least the people I love and care about are now a tad bit safer. ☻ & Google map is NOTHING they have TONS of sites out there that POST your info! ALSO any picture you upload of yourself, your family etc. on FB and such belongs to THEM. They also will use you (well I dunno about you, lol! But I have seen friends pictures USED for Dating ADs and such, that are all listed on the right side of FB so it's still all connected w/FB but that means if I can see her picture there most likely she is seeing MINE, ahhh so I had to tell her and SURE enough I was RIGHT! Now I limit my picture uploads, as should everyone else. Unless they wish to sign over rights to them, then it's no biggie! BUT anything to personal NEEDS TO STAY OFF SOCIAL SITES! ☻ people put the oddest stuff up, lol! I am always having to warn them, ahh well. ☻ GOOD BLOG topic! ☻ if you KNOW any other sites that share and steal to POST and spread people's personal information please feel free to post it! I'd love to see it! Thanks!♥

    ReplyDelete

Popular Post♥ that people read the most...☻

Your Ad Here